New Ways for Students to Show What They Know
Integrating digital multi-media into your summative assessments is an effective way to allow ALL of your students to show what they know. This website explores a variety of creative and free Web 2.0 tools such as Voicethread, Weebly, Blabberize and ToonDoo. Step inside to learn how to use these tools to engage students in learning while providing them with an alternative end of the unit assessment.
Summative Assessment is...
- The final assessment used to provide evidence that students have mastered the learning objectives
- The final check for understanding
- An opportunity for students to solidify and apply their learning from the unit.
Students have different...
- learning styles
- Provide choice of topic/materials related to interest
- Provide multiple, flexible means or a variety of ways for students to complete the assignment to support learning preferences/differences
- Include an explicit description (rubric) of the criteria for quality work NOTE: the criteria for success should remain the same regardless of the project selected.